Saturday, February 5, 2011

Woke Up Feeling Creative

I have been off from work for Four days now! I feel like I have been on vacation.  I woke up feeling like I just needed to make something. Yesterday, I went to knitting group in the morning and started making this awesome hat. I will have to post pictures of it when I am done. Hopefully I will get close to done today!
Dragon Roll, Fried Rice, Salad w/Ginger
Then I went out to lunch for sushi and fried rice! I went to this place called Kobe. It was amazing! I got a Dragon Roll. It was so good. I wanted to try something new for me. I was not disappointed! It is just your typical California Roll, but then it is topped with sliced avocado and eel. I was very skeptical at first (eel kind of freaks me out), but decided to take the plunge and order it! It Was amazing.

Fabric Covered Moleskin Journal
After lunch I decided that I wanted to spruce up my moleskin journals that I had just gotten for my travels. I figured bringing a few thin journals would be better than lugging a huge one to Indonesia with me. So I got some fabric and headed home.  I pulled out the sewing machine my sister had given me a while ago... I have never used it.... It took me an obscene amount of time to figure out how to wind the bobbin and thread the machine, but in the end I got it working! I am still not too sure how I figured it out.  I put all of my fabric that I got together and am very happy with the end result!  I am going to decorate the rest of them that I have as well. I am not too sure if I will do all fabric coverings or if I will try something else.

The last stop on my Creative Road was revamping my blog. I was tired of having a blog that will ultimately be about my travels in the Peace Corps, and the theme had nothing to do with travel or anything related. So I spent like 4 hours redoing it. I got very frustrated. In the end I am not unhappy with the result. I like the color. I like that I figured out how to add more pages (Notice the 'About Me' and 'Snapshot Project' Tabs at the top). I had to change the name of the blog as well.... It just wasn't working for me. I am sure I will continue to tweak the blog, but for now it works.
Now I am going to enjoy my last hours of being off by eating food, watching the episodes of Vampire Dairies and Being Human that I missed, all while knitting my hat.  Could I ask for a better day???

1 comment:

  1. you are right - that Dragon Roll looks great - I've seen something wrapped in avocado locally but it doesn't seem the same.
    Love the color for the blog now.
    Enjoy the knitting and the crafty goodness.

    ReplyDelete